Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History from My Seat

Yes I was in attendance Sunday night, accompanied by 27,000 other delightful souls to see the man of the hour (if not the century) Barack Obama. The atmosphere at Nippert Stadium was simply thrilling as a crowd of all different cultures and creeds yelled and hollered for one purpose, one reason. It honestly spoke to the underlying, yet never dying potential of this country to unite. By the time Barack got to stage a regular UC spectator would have thought the Bearcat Football team just scored the game-winning touchdown.




Barack would go on to give a simple yet breath-taking speech that captivated the audience and made the three and a half hour wait all worth it. The more he talked the more I was convinced he was just a regular guy from Chi-town. Saying statements such as “America has been hoodwinked” made think that he might just be a little cooler than me. After he concluded his speech it hit me that Barack and I are one in the same. We both see the world in a similar fashion. We both are committed to not just change, but to progress. Our common ancestry speaks volumes to that progression and to resiliency. Sunday night wasn’t just a night to see Barack, it was a moment in time that will forever be engrained in our national and ancestral history and I was blessed enough to have a seat.
~Smooth News

No comments: